Au Natural is proud to release Dr. Au Superfruit Eye Serum to its now burgeoning range of skinfood products. Au’s eye serum is clinically blended with radical superfruit antioxidants. It’s lightweight, comfortable to wear and fast-absorbing, treating all manner of eye concerns including fine lines, puffiness and dark circles, leaving the skin around the eyes looking healthy and replenished. And as with all Au Natural products, there’s no compromising on the environment.
“Reuse, Reduce and Recycle is the philosophy behind the Au Natural concept, and it’s a mantra that myself and my team keep in mind in our everyday life.” says Tony Ahern, their CEO and founder. “We want to help people understand that small day-to-day decisions, such as choosing eco-friendly skincare, can really have a positive impact on the environment. Making these small changes on a mass scale, will help solve the plastic pollution problem our world is facing.”
It doesn’t stop at plastics either. By reducing the size of packaging throughout the supply chain, from the manufacture of raw inputs, warehouse distribution and last mile courier, a reduction of up to 75% in packaging volume helps significantly reduce their carbon footprint.
Encouraging change, leading by example and making sure that the lifecycle of their materials is maximised has been recognised, too. At the end of 2018 they partnered with the Jane Goodall Institute New Zealand — the first skin care company in New Zealand working to encourage a circular economy to have partnered with the Institute.
Au Natural has also always taken pride in the ‘conscious packaging’ that literally frames all of their products. Au’s Eye Serum is no different. The label is biodegradable, the glass jar is reusable, the box is recyclable, and the courier bag it gets delivered in is compostable.
All in all, quite commendable.
What else is commendable?
The ingredients. Au Natural Skinfood chose this complex nine berry cocktail because of how all the berries take up sometimes-distinct but always-complementary duties — including deep moisturising, antioxidant activity and restructuring activity. Extremely rich in phenolic compounds, thanks to the own richness of each berry forming the complex, the complex berries presents high antioxidant capacities. In no particular order, here they are:
- Acai berries. Highly nutritional and best known for its antioxidant, anti-ageing and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Bilberries. An antioxidant, astringent (the contraction of skin cells), antiseptic and tonic.
- Strawberries. Traditionally used as an astringent and tonic, and often utilized against acne and eczema. It helps remove freckles and preserve complexion — should you want to.
- Cherries. Like Bilberry, it has been used as an antioxidant, astringent, anti-inflammatory and tonic.
- Black mulberries. Mulberries have been used in Chinese medicine for its numerous antioxidant, antiseptic, astringent, analgesic and emollient properties.
- Wild blackberries. Blackberry is traditionally employed for the treatment of skin infections and to soothe inflamed mucosa. Ripe blackberries are an excellent restorative.
- Cranberries. The small cranberry has always been known for its antioxidant properties.
- Raspberries. Traditionally used for its astringent and stimulant properties.
- Lingonberries. Well known for containing antioxidant, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Some Au Natural Tips
- Apply on the undereye area morning and night prior to applying your moisturiser. Make sure the area is clean and dry and roll the serum back and forth a couple of times, starting from the inner corner of your eye;
- Keep your Superfruit Eye Serum in the fridge as the cool temperature of the roller will help eliminate puffiness under the eyes and will stimulate blood circulation;
- Use on the upper lip area to reduce fine lines above the lip, hydrate and plump the area and reduce lipstick bleed.
Au Natural Skinfood – For your skin. For our planet!